Once again slow play has reared it’s ugly head.
Could all members please adhere to the following points
PACE OF PLAY KEY POINTS FOR ALL PLAYERS
- Keep up with the game ahead, not ahead of the game behind.
- Play a provisional if you suspect that you may not find your ball or/and if it has gone into the gorse.
- Be ready to hit your shot as soon as it is your turn to play.
- Walk briskly between shots.
- Make sure you line up your putt while waiting for your fellow competitors to putt.
- Encourage slow playing partners to play quicker.
- A “No Return” is not the end of the world if you are not scoring well and holding up play.
- Not to mark scorecards on the green but instead to do so on the next tee.
- Invite players to play through if you fall at least one hole behind or if you are holding up players behind.
Average times 2 Ball 3 hours
3 Ball 3 ¼ hrs
4 Ball 3 ½ hrs