Firstly the club has a duty of care to ALL staff, ALL members and the wider community along with any visitors guests in the coming weeks and months ahead. It should be worth noting that it is a “Safety First Golf Second Policy”. This will hopefully minimise and manage as best we can any risk and allow our golfers to enjoy their golf as secure as possible.
It is your responsibility to ensure your own safety while at the Club.
- Access to the courses will be limited to employees and members only.
- Priority will be given to the greens staff at all times.
- Juniors will require to be accompanied by an adult at all times to ensure that they are able to leave immediately after play.
- The course will open at 08.30. This is to allow the greens staff time to complete tasks before play commences.
- If you play after 19.00, please form and orderly queue at the first tee, it is your personal responsibility to adhere to all social distancing requirements.
- Members must:
o Not be displaying any Covid 19 symptoms
o Not be categorised as vulnerable
o Adhere to all temporary rules and regulations at all times
o Adhere to Scottish Government guidelines on travel for outdoor leisure and exercise.
- Online booking will be required between 08.00 and 19.00. Booking a tee time in advance will be via the Hopeman GC website. If you have not got your username, contact Trevor.
- There will be NO “turn up and play” tee times available during Phase One
- Tee times will be at 10 minute intervals.
- Individuals may play on their own.
- Two Ball games with household members or with a non-household member are permitted.
- Three or Four Ball games permitted providing there are no more than two households in the group.
- All tee times will be open to all members initially, with no specific times set aside for different sections. (i.e. Ladies, Seniors etc.) however it is important that all members have the opportunity to play and as such the booking of tee times will be monitored closely.
- It is anticipated that there will be a high demand for tee times in the first few weeks, so please try to leave weekend times for working members and Juniors who are still at school.
BEFORE ARRIVAL AT THE CLUB
- Golf equipment should be washed before a player leaves home.
- No toilet facilities are available on the course or at the clubhouse, members are encouraged to use their own facilities before leaving home.
ARRIVAL AT THE CLUB
- Other than Juniors, golfers should travel to the club alone, unless from the same household and arrive no more than 15 minutes before their allotted tee time.
- Change shoes/attire in the car park as there is no access to the locker room.
- No social gatherings in the car park, either before or after play.
- Personal Buggies / Single ride on buggies are permitted however they will only be available at AM tee times Tue – Sat and they must be booked in advance. Buggy users must clean the buggy with the wipes supplied before and after use.
- Please adhere to all signage.
- Monday CLOSED
- Tuesday 8.15 – 4
- Wednesday 8.15 – 4
- Thursday 8.15 – 4
- Friday 8.15 – 4
- Saturday 8.15 – 2
- Sunday 8.15 – 2
- You can collect a score card from the shop during these hours, with a maximum of 2 people in at any time. You can also buy snacks and there is also a new range of clothing in stock to help support your club.
- The clubhouse will remain closed, with no access to the locker/toilets. Please contact Trevor if you require access to remove clubs, however they must then be kept in your car or at home until further notice.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in the shop where a one way system is in place.
- Arrive at the 1st tee no more than 5 minutes prior to the reserved tee time.
ON THE COURSE
- Golfers to keep 2 metres apart at teeing areas due the normal close proximity of golfers to one another when tee shots are being played. There will be no distance and tee markers on the tee. Golfers can tee up wherever they want in any of the teeing areas which will make it easier to stay 2 metres apart as they don’t need to tee off from the same spot.
- BROKEN TEES Pick up and put in your pocket to be disposed of at home. Don’t leave lying around.
- DO NOT retrieve a playing partner’s ball at any time.
- Only handle your own golf ball. Any ‘lost’ balls on the course should be left where they are unless it is your own.
- If you are caught up by following players STAND aside as soon as practical. DO NOT hold up the course.
- If NOT playing 18 holes UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CUT OVER AT ANY POINT. Only play holes in rotation and walk in from wherever you finish.
- Ball Washers, Rubbish Bins are out of use. Players must take all litter home.
- Once a hole is completed, the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole.
- Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area
- Players must not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball.
Bunkers & Putting Greens
- With no rakes allowed on the course, a reminder to make your very best efforts to smooth the sand using your club and/or your feet.
- Preferred lies are available in the bunkers within a clublength.
- Golfers to keep 2 metres apart on the greens and not to touch the flagstick.
- DO NOT touch the flag poles. Cups will have an easy ball retrieval in the hole should it hit that and come out it is deemed as “holed”.
LEAVING THE COURSE
- The Shoe Cleaning machine is unavailable for use.
- Post-round, players must return straight to their cars
- Players must call or email the golf club with any post-round health issues or COVID-19 related queries, at the earliest possible opportunity.
- The Short Game area is available, with a maximum of 2 people in that area at any one time. One practice net will be available due to social distancing rules.
- The putting green will be open with a maximum of TWO members practising at a time. The green should only be used immediately prior to teeing off.