With our first trial of the Scottish Golf APP for scoring approaching this weekend and the tee off for the new season on Saturday July 4th with the opening medal. We would like to take this opportunity to tell you what is the best way to prepare and what to expect for the return to competitive golf.
You should have entered yourself into the competition by using the BRS system available through the Hopeman GC website. www.hopemangolf.club
Before you arrive at the golf club please try and register for the Scottish Golf APP service either downloading via the APP store or by getting the APP for the Android on Google Play depending on your smart phone device. This will allow you to access the online scoring system which will be our primary method of score entry while we are not allowed to accept scorecards. If you are encountering any difficulties with or are unable to access this service a member of the golf shop team will explain our alternative method for score entry before play.
When returning to competitive golf it is important to remember our protocol guidelines and restrictions which are in place for arriving at the golf club.
• Arrive no more than 15 minutes before your tee time.
• Two golfers in the golf shop at a time.
• The Putting Green and Practice Net are open to golfers with a reserved tee time only.
Golfers will have access to the putting green and practice net before their pre-reserved tee time only.
• Golfers are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitiser although there is one in the shop and this can be used before and after using the putting green or practice net. We also recommend you use it prior to your round.
• Golfers should not congregate around the putting green or practice net when waiting for access.
No toilet facilities are available on the course or at the clubhouse, members are encouraged to use their own facilities before leaving home.
While we are not allowed to exchange scorecards all golfers will be asked to maintain their own scorecard and include the scores of any playing partners in order to verbally verify scores post round.
On The Course:
With the current guidelines in place we have introduced a few local rules which will be in play for all competitions until further notice. Please take note of the below local rules before play:
• Bunkers: Preferred lies in bunkers will be introduced and provide that a player may place a ball in the bunker within one club-length of the original spot and not nearer to the hole than that spot.
• Flagstick: Golfers are required to leave the flagstick in the hole at all times and not to touch it.
• Hole and Holed: The hole liner (sometimes referred to as the hole ‘cup’) is to be set in a way that means that all of the ball cannot be below the surface of the putting green, so the ball is considered holed if any part of it is below the surface of the putting green in the hole.
USING THE APP
Please finalise the scores together after playing the 18th hole as you usually would with a scorecard. You can do this by reviewing the digital scorecard at the top of the screen.
Once you are able to do this the APP will highlight purple any differing scores. If scores need to be adjusted confer and agree with your marker.
You are now in a position to finalise the scorecard with the “finalise now” button at the bottom of the score card. Once this is done please sign the markers signature area on your phone and without handing the phone over mark “verbally agreed” or something similar in the players signature area.
NOT USING THE APP
We are asking players to take note of their playing partner’s scores on their own scorecard and verbally verify all scores upon the completion of their round. Once this is done and you are happy that both scores either –
Take a photo of the card and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Post in club letterbox
Any disputes arising from the entry of scores should be reported to the golf shop team immediately so that we can clarify the dispute before closing the competition.
We aim to have the competition finalised on the Monday.
Following score verification with your playing partners it is important to again remember our protocol guidelines and restrictions which are in place post round at the golf club.
• Golfers must change all golf attire and arrange all golf equipment at their car.
• Golfers must not wait for other groups to come in and congregate around any areas of the course, clubhouse or parking areas.
• Golfers must not leave the immediate area surrounding their car until ready to leave.
• Golfers must return immediately to their car.
• The compressor for the shoe cleaner will be turned off at all times
I understand that there is a lot of changes to competitive golf as we have previously known it and anticipate there to be many questions as we return to competitions. Please if you are unsure of any rulings, the new technology or any of our guidelines do not hesitate to get in touch with the golf shop team who are here to help you all return to competitive golf during the COVID-19 pandemic.