Firstly the club has a duty of care to ALL staff, ALL members and the wider community along with any visitor’s guests in the coming weeks and months ahead. It should be worth noting that it is a “Safety First Golf Second Policy”. This will hopefully minimise and manage as best we can any risk and allow our golfers to enjoy their golf as secure as possible.
It is your responsibility to ensure your own safety while at the Club.
- Access to the courses will be limited to employees, members, member’s guests and visitors.
- A maximum to two players from up two households can play provided they adhere to the Government’s physical distancing rules
- Priority will be given to the greens staff at all times.
- Juniors will require to be accompanied by an adult at all times to ensure that they are able to leave immediately after play.
- The course will open at 08.30. This is to allow the greens staff time to complete tasks before play commences.
- If you play after the online booking system times, please form and orderly queue at the first tee, it is your personal responsibility to adhere to all social distancing requirements.
- Members must:
o Not be displaying any Covid 19 symptoms
o Not be categorised as vulnerable
o Adhere to all temporary rules and regulations at all times
o Adhere to Scottish Government guidelines on travel for outdoor leisure and exercise.
- Online booking will be required between 08.30 and 2 hours before sunset. Booking a tee time in advance will be via the Hopeman GC website.
- There will be NO “turn up and play” tee times.
- Tee times will be at 8 & 7 minute intervals.
- Individuals may play on their own.
- Competition play – There will be no competitive play until further notice.
BEFORE ARRIVAL AT THE CLUB
If you are in the highest risk (shielding) group outlined by the Government, then you can play with up to one other household.
• If you are ill or have any symptoms of COVID-19 then stay at home.
• Schedule your tee-time in the manner prescribed by your golf club. Under no circumstances should you arrive at the club without booking in advance.
• Tee group sizes will be determined by the Golf Club.
• Ensure you have enough golf balls, tees etc. as the facilities at the Golf Club may be closed and you should not exchange equipment with other members.
• Aim to arrive at the Club no more than 10 minutes prior to play.
• Change your shoes in the car park
ARRIVAL AT THE CLUB
- Other than Juniors, golfers should travel to the club alone, unless from the same household and arrive no more than 15 minutes before their allotted tee time.
- The locker room is now closed the clubhouse has been open everyday in January given members opportunity to collect their clubs. This will remain the case until the current lockdown rules are lifted.
- No social gatherings in the car park, either before or after play.
- No club buggies, hire or electric trolleys are available due to the clubhouse being closed.
- Please adhere to all signage.
ALL CLUBHOUSE FACILITIES ARE CLOSED
ON THE COURSE
- Golfers to keep 2 metres apart.
- BROKEN TEES Pick up and put in your pocket to be disposed of at home. Don’t leave lying around.
- DO NOT retrieve a playing partner’s ball at any time.
- Only handle your own golf ball. Any ‘lost’ balls on the course should be left where they are unless it is your own.
- If you are caught up by following players STAND aside as soon as practical. DO NOT hold up the course.
- If NOT playing 18 holes UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CUT OVER AT ANY POINT. Only play holes in rotation and walk in from wherever you finish.
- Ball Washers, are out of use.
- PLAYERS MUST TAKE ALL LITTER HOME.
- Once a hole is completed, the group in front must have exited the tee box before players can progress to the next hole.
- Do not double back to play again if a ball is lost, unplayable, or in a penalty area
- Players must not pick up another player’s equipment or golf ball.
Bunkers & Putting Greens & Flagsitcks
- With no rakes allowed on the course, a reminder to make your very best efforts to smooth the sand using your club and/or your feet.
- Preferred lies are available in the bunkers within a club length.
- Golfers to keep 2 metres apart on the greens and not to touch the flagstick.
- Players to centre the flagstick in a safe manner which does not involve using the hand, even when wearing a glove or using a towel (for example, by using a club). The centring of the flagstick may be allowed while another player putts (this may be desirable in windy conditions when the flagstick is required to be left in the hole and is leaning towards the player making the stroke).
- DO NOT touch the flag poles except in the rule mentioned above.
LEAVING THE COURSE
- The Shoe Cleaning machine is unavailable for use.
- Post-round, players must return straight to their cars
- Players must call or email the golf club with any post-round health issues or COVID-19 related queries, at the earliest possible opportunity.
- The Short Game area is available, with a maximum of 2 people in that area at any one time. One practice net will be available due to social distancing rules.
- The putting green will be open with a maximum of TWO members practising at a time. The green should only be used immediately prior to teeing off.